Original. Innovative. World-class. MONSTROUS
monstrARTity is a Mississauga-based not-for-profit organization filling systemic cultural and economic gaps in underserved diverse communities via festivals, interactive workshops for youth & seniors, artist mentorship and youth employment programs.
monstrARTity is always looking for great people! Our team is made up of Fundraising, Programming, Marketing and Project Management/Team Building departments, and we welcome applications from diverse candidates of all experience levels and availability, from junior to senior and part-time to full-time. If you’d like to work with us but don’t see a specific current opportunity below, fill out our application form noting the team you’re interested in, and we’ll contact you about future opportunities that may be a fit.
Freelance Contract Opportunities
monstrARTity is currently seeking applicants or agencies to provide the services of Digital Strategy Consultant, with availability as soon as possible.
* This position can be fully remote if required. Meetings are currently being conducted virtually due to COVID-19. This will be modified according to provincial and Peel Public Health guidelines.*
● Working with Strategy team to complete digital maturity assessment and digital needs assessment of organization's activities
● Conducting meetings with members of internal functional teams (Fundraising, Programming, Marketing) to analyze each department’s activities and collect info on how effectively digital tools are used
● Based on organizations' digital needs, develop a Digital Discoverability Strategy that includes use of Wikipedia, Wikidata, Google Ads, WhatsApp and other tactics identified by the candidate
● Presenting Digital Discoverability Strategy to functional teams
● Building a series of trainings for each functional team on incorporating the Digital Discoverability Strategy into their regular activities
● Presenting the trainings to each team
● After each training, evaluate and report on each functional team's understanding of and ability to implement material learned
● Based on feedback and evaluations, coordinate with Strategy team to determine whether organization is ready to implement material learned and identify additional resources needed for implementation
● Open to agency services or individual freelance contractor
● Start date: As per earliest availability of agency or candidate
● Perks: Remote work and flexible hours
● Term ending April 30, 2023.
● Compensation: $30,000-$40,000, negotiated based on experience and time commitment
● Accommodations may be requested for non-local successful candidate or agency to be fully remote if necessary
● Must have access to own laptop and phone
To apply, individual candidates may submit the application form atmonstrARTity.com/employment, and agencies may submit their bid for the project. Candidates and agencies are encouraged to include a PDF or link to their portfolio. Individual candidates selected to proceed will be contacted to schedule a short written case study (expected to take 30 mins, to be completed within 1 hour). Once case studies are reviewed, shortlisted candidates and agencies will progress to a 30-minute call.
Applications will not be accepted after 11:59 PM on Sept 9, 2022. Thank you for your interest in monstrARTity.
Annual and Seasonal Opportunities
Check back in later for more seasonal job availabilities!
Positions will support the following programs:
1) #BollywoodMonster Mashup, the largest South Asian festival in Canada and rated the #1 festival at Mississauga Celebration Square;
2) #MonsterArts, where professional artists provide cross-cultural workshops to children and seniors;
3) #MonsterMasterclass, where diverse artist entrepreneurs create original online video content;
*These positions are a combination of remote work, team conference calls and meetings in Mississauga. Meetings are currently being conducted virtually due to COVID-19. This will be modified according to provincial and Peel Public Health guidelines.*
**Employees, independent contractors and volunteers are required to provide proof of fully vaccinated status against COVID-19, or provide proof of an active medical exemption. Regardless of status, the organization reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion, whether the person is able to fulfill the requirements of the person’s position in a way that does not interfere with or compromise the organization’s operations, the person’s own safety, or the safety of others.
This policy is subject to change.**
Application form can be found below.
monstrARTity is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Recent immigrants and recent refugees (“recent” is defined as having arrived in Canada within the past five years);
- Youth who have not previously been employed and for whom this would be their first job experience;
- Indigenous persons;
- Persons with disabilities;
- Persons who have not completed high school;
- Visible minorities;
- Members of the LGBTQ2+ community; and
- Women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
No video selected
Select a video type in the sidebar.
SEE WHAT IT’S LIKE WORKING AT MONSTRARTITY
#BollywoodMonster Mashup is the LARGEST South Asian festival in Canada filled with family-oriented fun such as kids activities, dance lessons, comedy, VIP experiences, #AskMeAnything interviews and live music & dance shows headlined by international Bollywood stars.
#MonsterArts is a series of year-round, participatory workshops in Bollywood and Bhangra dance, Hindi & Tamil music, ghazal writing, mandala-making, print-making, filmmaking and more, available both virtually and in-person. The #MonsterArts program is offered in two branches: #MonsterArts for Seniors and #MonsterArts for Youth.
#MonsterMasterclass is a FREE program that helps diverse artists develop their careers. #MonsterMasterclass teaches artists how to market themselves in interviews, use social media to grow their fanbase and more. Artists are PAID to attend mentorship & networking sessions and create original online video content to promote themselves.
Perform at #BollywoodMonsterMashup, the LARGEST South Asian Festival in Canada. Rated the #1 festival at Celebration Square, winner of Festival of the year and Virtual Festival of the Year.
Provide workshops in South Asian music, dance, visual arts, poetry, theatre and film to youth and seniors