Watch the video to learn about our work with South Asian seniors!
Join the Community with #MonsterArts for Seniors
Started in 2018, #MonsterArts for Seniors fills gaps in cultural and language-specific services with professionally-led arts workshops in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Tamil and more to reduce feelings of isolation. Seniors reconnect to South Asian culture through workshops in Bollywood dance, Hindi and Tamil music, poetry and visual arts. Workshops are available virtually & in person across the GTHA and are adapted for participants of all ability levels.
Fill out the form below to download the #MonsterArts for Seniors package
and receive all workshop information!
- Bollywood and Bhangra Dance: increases strength, cardio, range of motion and body awareness; sharpens focus and memory; good for stress relief and self confidence.
- Hindi and Tamil Music: encourages mindfulness; stimulates memories
- Poetry and Ghazals: Seniors express and share meaningful moments in their lives
- Visual Arts: Seniors practice fine motor skills by moving their fingers, hands and wrists through mandala-making, print-making, drawing and painting.
- A series of year-round, participatory workshops in Bollywood and Bhangra dance, Hindi & Tamil music, ghazal writing, mandala-making, print-making, filmmaking and more, available both virtually and in-person
- Engaging thousands of South Asian seniors across Canada annually in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Urdu, and Tamil to reduce feelings of isolation
- Committed to working with sponsors to create meaningful activations that will help them achieve their marketing objectives
Allows you to:
- Access a massive and growing market of South Asian families, particularly in high-concentration areas of the GTA such as Mississauga, Brampton & Markham
- Build brand engagement through in-workshop contesting, surveys, direct mail swag, product placements and more
- Speak directly to South Asian seniors aged 55-90
PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY
Call for #MonsterArts Artists
The #MonsterArts program offers opportunities for artists to share their South Asian art forms with the community. If you love teaching art to seniors and are looking to make some extra income, we want YOU!
VIEW OUR MEDIA KIT
105.9 The Region01/23/2020 @ 12:30 PM
Call for #MonsterArts for Seniors Volunteers
Do you speak Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati or Tamil? Are you looking for ways to give back to your community? Earn up to 3 hours of volunteer work every week during the fall and winter by translating live, virtual art workshops for South Asian seniors. Help foster connection and creativity within your community and sign up today!